We are all set to give our best and wholehearted efforts to achieve the goals set by our International Inner Wheel President Bina Vjas for Inner Wheel Year 2020-2021.
Our battle cry now is to change and think outside of the box. It should be a spirited attitude and only then we will be able to change our present state.
We have to prioritize things for there is no excuse in this COVID-19 Pandemic time. Allow me then to outline my Vision and Goals for IWY 2020-2021 by going back to basics and on to the new normal.
- Work as a TEAM with respect and commitment
- Enhance and promote our organization’s public image
- Retain our club membership and target positive membership goals
- Charter new clubs with vibrant and energetic members
- Support International Inner Wheel’s social projects for Care For Women and Girls
- Initiate new and creative club activities which can attract potential members
- Conduct community projects focused on addressing and mitigating the effects of a pandemic like livelihood projects and care for the environment
- Strong partnership with the Non-Government Organizations and local government units are encouraged
- Consider adopting a community and focus its needs on food thru urban gardening, shelter, health, and education
- Take time to seriously review our organization’s history, vision, mission, values, tradition, best practices, and protocols
- Conduct forums on different topics that will help members and the community cope with the new ways of working in this time of a pandemic
- Embrace and put into practice the Inner Wheel Motto: “Selflessness in Friendship and Service to Humanity”
- Continue our National Directed Projects, ECOSOC, and UN projects.
- Encourage collective leadership
We must always aim to give our 100% and every team member is enjoined to promote the highest standards in our club, district and lead to be the best we can.
Learning will be the forefront of all IWCPI projects and education is one of the highest things we can share with someone.
Pope Francis says and I quote his words: “Let us all remember then that every changing color of a leaf is beautiful and every changing situation in life is meaningful. Both need very clear vision.”
Let us then “LEAD THE CHANGE” as we wish to see a better world for we are the Change Makers.
PAMELA C. DE GUZMAN